I know that for most of us it is prime garden season. Now i know that i am not alone in the bug problem so when i was looking for some organic ways to treat bugs i found some of the following recipes that help with some of these problems!
Ant repellent her and soap spray:
Ant herd aphids, mealybugs, and scale acting as hosts so they can harvest the other insects secretions. Control the ants with this spray and you will inhibit these other common pests.
1/2 cup fresh tansy leaves
1/2 cup fresh santolina leaves
1 quart boiling water
1 tablespoon Murphy oil soap
10 drops vetiver essential oils
1. add herbs to boiled water,cover and steel until infusion is cool.
2.Strain out herbs, Stir in soap and vetiver oil.
3.Before use shake mixture well then filter it into a sprayer. Spray ant trails, counters, soil surfaces or wherever ant are a problem.
Garlic and Chile insecticidal soap spray:
10 to 12 large cloves of garlic
4 to 6 hot Chile peppers, dried or fresh
Generous 2 cups of water
1 tablespoon liquid castile soap
10 drops cinnamon, vetiver or eucalyptus essential oil, optional
1. put garlic, chiles, and water into a blender and puree contents until foamy
2.let mixture stand at least 2 hrs or overnight. When mixture settles, you will have a coral colored liquid with sediment at the bottom.
3. Pour through a strainer lined with fine cheesecloth to remove particles that could block the spray valve.
4.Pour concentrate into a jar with a plastic lid, add soap, stir and label.
5. Store in a cool, dark place until needed, up to a few months. For a 1 quart or 1 liter spray bottle use 2 tablespoons concentrate and fill the rest of the bottle with water.
6. Spray plants late in the day so the hot sun cant burn the plants. Cover the top and bottom of leaves. Reapply as often as needed but allow several days between applications.
I hope that these may help someone in their garden this season!!